6 Ways to Strengthen Your Immune System Wellness
Most people don’t think about their immune system until something goes wrong.
With the looming threat of COVID-19, people are starting to ask questions and take steps to support their immune function.
Did you know that your immune system isn’t in one central location? It’s spread out in organs across your entire body. Your lymph nodes, digestive tract, skin, and even bone marrow all contain different immune cells.
By taking proper care of your mental and physical wellness, you can support a strong immune system and defend against intruding pathogens. Here’s how.
How to Support Your Immune System
Unfortunately, there’s no magic formula to “boost” your immune system. Instead, it’s best to practice good nutrition and follow healthy lifestyle choices.
- Don’t drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes: Alcohol destroys your gut’s immune cells while cigarette smoke represses your immune cell production.
- Eat antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables: Dark leafy greens like kale and spinach along with dark berries like cranberries, blueberries, and goji berries are packed with immune-supporting antioxidants.
- Take a probiotic. Your intestinal lining holds a large portion of your immune cells. Keep microbes balanced with a probiotic.
- Take a multivitamin. For maximum nutrient absorption, it’s ideal to consume your vitamins through food. However, it’s also impossible to get all the nutrients you need through diet alone. Fill the gaps with a high-quality multivitamin.
- Reduce stress as much as possible. Stress kills immune cell production, particularly natural killer cells which you need to fight infections.
- Exercise daily. Moderate exercise (not vigorous) can strengthen immune cell production.
Chiropractic for Wellness Care in Shallotte and Leland
Chiropractic care from Coastal Integrative Health in Shallotte and Leland can support your central nervous system and provide a healthy environment for your body to thrive.
Our team of chiropractic doctors, physical therapists, and massage therapists offer useful tools and treatments for warding away stress, relieving tension, and improving overall health.
Don’t wait for something to go wrong before you strengthen your immune system. Schedule an appointment at Coastal Integrative Health now in Shallotte or Leland!