What You Need to Know About Muscle Spasms from Pinched Nerves
Muscle spasms happen frequently in different places all over the body. They aren’t cause for concern, but in many cases, they’re triggered by a pinched nerve.
If left untreated, a pinched nerve will get progressively worse until the pain and spasms become overwhelming. Comprehensive chiropractic intervention can stop the spasms in their tracks and encourage long-term mobility.
Are Your Muscle Spasms Caused by Pinched Nerves?
Should you worry about your spasms? If they’re not painful, you might not think there’s anything to worry about.
Keep an eye out for these symptoms that could indicate your spasms aren’t caused by too much coffee or stress, but actually a pinched nerve.
- Numbness or reduced sensation in extremities
- Shooting pain that travels down the leg (this could indicate a pinched sciatic nerve)
- Burning in the affected area
- Muscle weakness or atrophy
- Frequently feeling like your hands, feet, or extremities have “fallen asleep”
How Chiropractic in Shallotte, NC Can Help
Many factors and conditions can cause a pinched nerve including poor posture, weight gain, improper lifting techniques, and spinal injuries such as herniated discs. Chiropractic helps solve the problem at its source – no matter what it is.
Your Shallotte Chiropractor at Coastal Integrative Health will identify what’s causing your spasms and pinched nerves. From there, he or she will use various chiropractic techniques or other modalities to create a healthy environment for your spine to heal.
Your treatment plan might include:
- Spinal adjustments and manipulations to readjust your musculoskeletal system
- Physical therapy exercises and stretching to improve posture
- Soft tissue massage
- Cold laser therapy to support your body’s natural healing ability and reduce inflammation
- Health coaching to educate you on lifestyle changes and at-home posture tips
The professional team at Coastal Integrative Health includes experienced doctors and therapists in chiropractic, massage, and physical therapy who share a common goal of long-term wellness.
Stop living with pain from pinched nerves and spasms. Contact Coastal Integrative Health in Shallotte today for a consultation by calling 910-755-5400.