Comprehensive Shoulder Pain Treatment with Physical Therapy
Shoulder pain is, well, a pain – it impacts almost every movement you make.
Your shoulder joint is necessary for countless activities in daily life and connected to numerous muscles, tendons, and bones. When something minor goes wrong, you definitely notice it.
Physical therapy provides a comprehensive shoulder pain treatment because it focuses on proactive and long-term solutions.
Why is Physical Therapy the Right Choice for Shoulder Pain?
To get started, your physical therapist will identify the source of your shoulder pain. Some common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Pinched nerves in your neck, back, or shoulder
- Stiff tendons, muscles, and ligaments also known as frozen shoulder
- Dislocated shoulder
- Spinal cord injuries
- Possible herniated discs or musculoskeletal conditions that caused pain to spread
Your Shallotte, NC physical therapist will create a well-rounded and personalized treatment plan focused on reducing your short-term pain, encouraging long-term mobility, and avoiding injuries in the future.
Comprehensive Shoulder Pain Treatment in Shallotte, NC
Your therapist wants you to live a life without pain and free from reliance on medications. The professional therapists at Coastal Integrative health have experience using multiple techniques to treat shoulder pain and other conditions like lower back pain and injuries.
Common treatment plans may include:
- Therapeutic in-office exercises to improve strength, flexibility, and mobility
- Stretching to improve shoulder joint mobility
- Home exercise plans to support posture and avoid injury
- Neuromuscular reeducation to train posture and balance
- Manual therapies like soft tissue massage
- Cold laser therapy to reduce inflammation and support your body’s natural healing ability
- Cryotherapy to reduce swelling and inflammation while encouraging healthy blood flow
The experienced team at Coastal Integrative Health includes many chiropractors, physical therapists, and massage therapists who are committed to exceeding patient goals and improving overall health through multiple disciplines.
Contact Coastal Integrative Health to schedule a consultation in Shallotte, NC by calling 910-755-5400 today.