Recipe June 2014
Many people have been contacting me lately about eating healthier and if the Paleo diet is any good. I love when I can find new, healthy recipes that I can enjoy. I use the Paleo diet a lot when I am picking out food to make throughout the week. I may stray away from time to time, but I think it is a really great concept for a healthier life style! These Paleo blueberry muffins caught my eye, so I figured I would share them with everyone! Enjoy!
Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch (aka tapioca flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1/8 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil, ghee or pastured butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a regular size muffin tin or line with paper liners. (You can also use a silicone pan or silicone cupcake liners for better “non-stick” results)
- Mix (or sift) the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, honey, oil and vanilla in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Gently stir the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon into 12 muffin tins. (They will be fairly full)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden on top.
- Serve warm
For more recipes like this check out their website: paleospirit.com